Worship is the heart of how Elmhurst Presbyterian Church (EPC) celebrates Christ’s love, explores biblical teachings and renews our spirits for the week ahead.
Our worship services are lively, filled with music, opportunities to interact and biblically-informed messages.
Every Sunday at 10:30 a.m. in the sanctuary
Special services during Lent, Easter, Advent and Christmas
Nursery: Available from 9:00 a.m. to noon in Room 101 for newborn to 4 years
Young Disciples – Worship service features a special message for children before they are dismissed for Bible Zone.
Bible Zone: Special activities during the sermon and after for children ages 3 thru 3rd grade.
Passing of the Peace: It’s a tradition at EPC to get out of the pews and connect with as many people as possible during the passing of the peace. Visitors are often surprised by our liveliness.
Music: EPC’s style of Worship allows for and requires a wide variety of musical genres including hymns, praise, gospel, folk and contemporary worship songs and classical music. Music is carefully planned to contribute to the worship service in an intentional, integrated and meaningful manner.
We welcome musicians from the congregation and community to share their gifts during the service.
Worship for April 2018
- Easter Sunday, April 1, 10:30am, “April Fools!” Mark 16:1-8
- Sunday, April 8, 10:30 am, "Walking and Talking with Jesus" Luke 24: 13-35
- Sunday, April 15, 10:30 am, "We All Have Doubts" John 20: 19-31
- Sunday, April 22, 10:30 am, "Blessed are the Sheep" John 10: 11-16
- Sunday, April 29, 10:30 am, "Nourished by Connections" John 15: 1-8 - a special service celebrating Earth Day led by our children and youth