Worship is the heart of how Elmhurst Presbyterian Church (EPC) celebrates Christ’s love, explores biblical teachings and renews our spirits for the week ahead.
Our worship services are lively, filled with music, opportunities to interact and biblically-informed messages.
Every Sunday at 10:30 a.m. in the sanctuary
Special services during Lent, Easter, Advent and Christmas
Nursery: Available from 9:00 a.m. to noon in Room 101 for newborn to 3 years
Young Disciples – Worship service features a special message for children before they are dismissed for Bible Zone.
Bible Zone: Special activities during the sermon and after for children ages 3 thru 3rd grade.
Passing of the Peace: It’s a tradition at EPC to get out of the pews and connect with as many people as possible during the passing of the peace. Visitors are often surprised by our liveliness.
Music: EPC’s style of Worship allows for and requires a wide variety of musical genres including hymns, praise, gospel, folk and contemporary worship songs and classical music. Music is carefully planned to contribute to the worship service in an intentional, integrated and meaningful manner.
We welcome musicians from the congregation and community to share their gifts during the service.
Worship for March 2018
As we continue our journey through Lent, we are invited to reflect on how we are called to follow Jesus:
- Sunday, March 4, 10:30am “Find the Way” John 12:25-26
- Sunday, March 11, 10am*** “Telling Our Story” Luke 14:7-14 ***Brunch, Worship, Communion in Calvin Hall
- Sunday, March 18, 10:30am “Blessed for the Journey” John 12:1-11
As we enter into the stories of Holy Week, we are called to follow Jesus all the way.
- Palm Sunday, March 25, 10:30am, "Parade or Protest" Mark 11:1-11, 15-19
- Maundy Thursday, March 29, 7pm, "As Darkness Falls" Mark 14: 10-72
- Good Friday, March 30, 7pm, “Standing By” Mark 15:1-47
- Easter Sunday, April 1, 10:30am, “April Fools!” Mark 16:1-8