Elmhurst Presbyterian Church offers a number of ways for adult members to expand their knowledge of the Bible and feel more comfortable sharing their Christian faith.
Adult Studies: Join us on Sundays before worship service at 9:15 a.m. in Calvin Hall for ongoing discussions lead by the pastor. No advance preparation is needed. Just come with an open heart and mind to share in conversation and learning.
Wednesday Evening Book Study - Resumes on January 10 at 7pm. We will discussing The Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life by Karen Armstrong. "In this important and thought-provoking work, Karen Armstrong - one of the most original thinkers on the role of religion in the modern world - provides an impassioned and practical guide to helping us make the world a more compassionate place."
We invite you to join us. Please let Pastor Debbie know if you like her to order a book for your. The cost is $11.00.
Small Groups: EPC offers a variety of small groups and welcomes members to create new groups.
- HUGs (Hearts of Grace) – A dinner fellowship group for women that meets monthly at an area restaurant, usually the third Monday of the month. Watch the events calendar for meeting notices. Contact Diane Slocum for more information.
- Wednesday Night Study Group – Meets weekly (except during summer) at 7 p.m. in the Tallman Room. All are welcome to join.
- Monday Morning Ladies’ Book Group – Resumes on Monday, September 11 from 9:30 -11:00 a.m. in the Tallman Room. A new book will be selected for discussion
- Movie Group – Monthly, members view a movie as a group then meet for refreshments and discussion at the church. Contact Susan Leslie at for more information or to be added to the member list.
- R.O.M.E.O Group (Retired Old Men Eating Out) – Meet on a regular basis at the Hi-View Restaurant in Villa Park. Contact Doug Hall at 630.279-8739.