Elmhurst Presbyterian Church offers a number of ways for adult members to expand their knowledge of the Bible and feel more comfortable sharing their Christian faith.
Small Groups: EPC offers a variety of small groups and welcomes members to create new groups.
- Pastor's Monthly Book Study
- R.O.M.E.O Group (Retired Old Men Eating Out) – Meet on a regular basis at the Hi-View Restaurant in Villa Park. Contact Doug Hall at 630.279-8739.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry: First Wednesday of the month from 1-2:30 PM. To date we have given away 10 lap robes, 9 baby blankets, and 445 comfort shawls.
Help in Our Gardens
From Ruth Schroeter, our garden coordinator:
This year in lieu of our annual group Garden Work Day, volunteers have been busy working independently throughout the grounds. (Thank you to Mary Mueller, Faith Lee, and Mary Ellen Hayes.) So far, we’ve been able to cut back perennials, pull out tree seedlings, and dig out lots of weeds. If anyone else has a desire to get out of the house and out into the sunshine, here are some more things to tackle:
- Pull out dandelions before they go to seed. They are popping up throughout the gardens and lawn, and we prefer not to use chemicals. (Kids might like racing around the lawn pulling off the yellow flowers.)
- Dig out the daylilies growing against the east side of the vegetable garden. These orange daylilies are not beneficial to pollinators and are constantly growing into the garden. We’d like to replace them with some native plants. If anyone wants these orange daylilies, you are welcome to them.
- Dig out the grass and weeds growing on our side of the plastic edging by the rose bushes. This area is located on the southwest end of the parking lot adjacent to the grounds of Kensington School.
Garden debris can be taken home to discard with your own yard waste or can be put into the regular garbage dumpster (not the recycling dumpster). Call, text, or email Ruth if you have any questions (224-938-8681)