Hi EPC Friends and Members,
Here's my "3-2-1" for this week...
3 EPC Happenings
1. EPC is hosting a Free Community Meal on Saturday, October 21st at 6PM and we need volunteers! Please contact Anna Lu if you are available to help with set up, serving meals, or cleaning up. Please come support this wonderful mission of our church.
2. Our Trunk or Treat is coming up on Sunday, October 29th after worship! This safe and fun Halloween event is a wonderful tradition here at EPC. Please bring any kids in your life to trick or treat or sign up to volunteer! Click HERE to sign up to help make pizza or decorate a trunk.
3. Our church-wide Thanksgiving potluck is on Sunday, November 19th after worship. We provide the turkey and you bring the side dishes. Save the date for this wonderful fellowship event and sign up HERE to let us know how many people will be attending and what you will be bringing!
2 Interesting Links
1. It’s been devastating to watch the horrors unfold in Israel/Palestine over the last two weeks. I thought THIS lengthy and personal testimony was very worth reading and meditating on.
2. The Radical Act of Letting Things Hurt contains a hefty dose of wisdom as well. Find it HERE.
Grief is a force of energy that cannot be controlled or predicted.
There you have it! Our 3-2-1 for the week. See you Sunday!
It's not the same without you there,
This Sunday we are continuing our Stewardship Sermon Series called Our Three Whys. We will be taking a closer look at EPC's 3 Whys as a congregation as we vision and dream for the future. Join us this Sunday as we hear about our second one: Matthew 25.
EPC is hosting a FREE community meal on Saturday, October 21st at 6PM. We are looking for volunteers to help out with setting up, serving meals, and cleaning up. If you are interested and able to help, please contact Anna Lu.
The next handbell choir rehearsal will be on Sunday, October 15 before worship from 9:45 to 10:30 AM. No more players are needed at this time for the October 29 performance. If you are interested in joining, there will be more information coming soon about opportunities to join!
Many hands make light work! Join our building and grounds committee at their Fall Clean-Up Day. Wear your jeans and grab your work gloves on Saturday, October 28 from 9AM-12PM to help tidy up our church grounds.
We’re looking for some volunteers and trunk decorators to help us get ready for Trunk or Treat! Volunteers will help cook the pizzas during worship and set up lunch before the trunk or treating begins. Decorators are needed to decorate their trunks and bring candy and goodies to hand out to kids in our circle drive! Sign up HERE.
Join us for a Thanksgiving Potluck on Sunday, November 19th after worship. Please sign up HERE and let us know how many people will be joining you, and what side dish you will be bringing. We will provide the turkey!
Please note: the church office will be closed on Monday, October 30th.
Parents of teens are invited to a supportive time of conversation, community, and reflection as we gather around the joyful and challenging stage of parenting teens! We meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month at Brewpoint Craft from 10:30 am - 11:30 am.
Calling all families! Come on out for a fun and safe trick or treating event at EPC. All are welcome Sunday, October 29 at 12:00PM. Want to decorate a trunk? Click HERE.
Elmhurst Presbyterian Church
367 S Spring Road
Elmhurst, IL 60126-3805