Hi EPC Friends and Members,
Here's my "3-2-1" for this week...
3 EPC Happenings
1. This Sunday is All Saints Sunday. We will have a special time of remembrance for the saints in our lives. You are invited to bring something to remember any loved ones who have died to place on our altar. There will also be communion during the service and a special fellowship hour (includes cake!) after worship. Join us for this wonderful celebration!
2. A huge THANK YOU to all those who came out to help with the Fall Clean Up Day and Trunk or Treat. Both events were a great success and check out some pics below.
3. Our church-wide Thanksgiving potluck is just a few weeks away! It's on Sunday, November 19th after worship. We provide the turkey and you bring the side dishes. Save the date for this wonderful fellowship event and sign up HERE to let us know how many people will be attending and what you will be bringing!
2 Interesting Links
1. Early November is a time to reflect on those who have died and what they’ve taught us/meant to us. In addition to participating in our All Saints’ Service on Sunday, perhaps you’ll want to take part in one of THESE PERSONAL RITUALS as well.
2. Mary Oliver is one of my favorite contemporary poets. The world will miss her beautiful presence and writing. I recently came across THIS poem and flagged it as having layers of meaning I didn’t notice the first time through. That’s the beauty of returning to poetry (and scripture) I think. There’s always something new.
Love is the beauty of the soul.
There you have it! Our 3-2-1 for the week. See you Sunday!
It's not the same without you there,
Check out these pictures from our Trunk or Treat and Fall Clean Up
This Sunday is All Saints Sunday! All members of the congregation are invited to bring something to remember loved ones who have died for our altar. There will be a Moment for Remembering the Saints during the service and we will also be celebrating Communion. Please join us for this wonderful celebration of the Saints in our lives and our world.
To help welcome baby Declan to the world, the Deacons of EPC are recommending Amazon gift cards for Clare and Brian Collins. Gift cards may be dropped off in the church office or with Susan Leslie, Moderator of the Deacons.
Stewardship letters and pledge cards have been mailed out. Please prayerfully consider how you might support EPC in 2024. We will be blessing the pledge cards on Sunday, November 19th.
The handbell choir performance date has been changed to Sunday, November 12. Rehearsals will immediately follow the worship service on 10/22, 10/29. Rehearsals will be at at 9:30am on 11/5 and 11/12. We are looking for one more person to join the group immediately!
Join us for a Thanksgiving Potluck on Sunday, November 19th after worship. Please sign up HERE and let us know how many people will be joining you, and what side dish you will be bringing. We will provide the turkey!
Parents of teens are invited to a supportive time of conversation, community, and reflection as we gather around the joyful and challenging stage of parenting teens! We meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month at Brewpoint Craft from 10:30 am - 11:30 am.
Elmhurst Presbyterian Church
367 S Spring Road
Elmhurst, IL 60126-3805