Hi EPC Friends and Members,
Here's my "3-2-1" for this week...
3 EPC Happenings
1. This Sunday before worship is our Leadership Breakfast! All of the church teams and committees will be meeting from 9:30-10:25. If you're not on a ministry team (committee) but are curious about how you might serve the church in this way, please plan to come to the meeting at 9:30 to learn and discern where you might use your gifts!
2. Our youth director, Emerson, is headed to Cuba from Nov 18-26 as a delegate for an International Solidarity Trip through The World Student Christian Foundation-US (WSCF-US). They are collecting items to bring on their trip. Be sure you check out the list of items they are collecting below and click HERE to learn more.
3. Our church-wide Thanksgiving potluck is next Sunday! It's on Sunday, November 19th after worship. We provide the turkey and you bring the side dishes. Save the date for this wonderful fellowship event and sign up HERE to let us know how many people will be attending and what you will be bringing!
2 Interesting Links
1. Thank you for helping to make my birthday so special last Sunday! Here is a SHORT REFLECTION on turning 45.
2. What does it mean to live a creative life? I love this very short TED TALK on the topic.
“You can be cautious or you can be creative, but there's no such thing as a cautious creative.”
-- George Lois
There you have it! Our 3-2-1 for the week. See you Sunday!
It's not the same without you there,
Our next church leadership breakfast
This Sunday we will be hearing a message about how Gratitude is a Revolutionary Act. Pastor Traci will be preaching on Luke 6:32-36. Our bell choir will also be making their debut this Sunday. Be sure to tune in!
Our youth director, Emerson, is heading to Cuba and is collecting supplies to bring to the people there. Items needed include: Stomach Relief Medications, Probiotics, Vitamins (C, E, B Complex, B6, Folic Acid, Multivitamins), Menstrual Products, Aspirin, Advil/Tylenol. All donations must be in before November 18th at 8AM. More info about their trip can be found HERE.
To help welcome baby Declan to the world, the Deacons of EPC are recommending Amazon gift cards for Clare and Brian Collins. Gift cards may be dropped off in the church office or with Susan Leslie, Moderator of the Deacons.
This year for the Christmas Season, EPC is sponsoring 50 children in our annual Erie House gift drive. We have specific wish list items from each individual child. Gift tags with details will be available from the Tree in the Nelson White room. Suggested donation is $40 per child. Please DO NOT wrap gifts, attach tag to the gift(s), and return to the Christmas Tree BEFORE Dec 3. Dec 3 is the absolute deadline so earlier is preferred.
This year during the Advent and Christmas season, EPC will be collecting Diapers for New Deliverance. Our goal is to fill the stable that will be set up in the Nelson White room as well. Please bring in any size diapers and fill the stable until the end of the year.
Stewardship letters and pledge cards have been mailed out. Please prayerfully consider how you might support EPC in 2024. We will be blessing the pledge cards on Sunday, November 19th.
Join us for a Thanksgiving Potluck on Sunday, November 19th after worship. Please sign up HERE and let us know how many people will be joining you, and what side dish you will be bringing. We will provide the turkey!
Parents of teens are invited to a supportive time of conversation, community, and reflection as we gather around the joyful and challenging stage of parenting teens! We meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month at Brewpoint Craft from 10:30 am - 11:30 am.
Elmhurst Presbyterian Church
367 S Spring Road
Elmhurst, IL 60126-3805